martes, 29 de marzo de 2011

Teaching: Power of Songs



I have always liked songs as a good way to teach our children some English vocabulary. It also teaches rhythm, differences in accents, and intonations. A good way to introduce songs in the classroom is by celebrating certain events or by introducing them as a monthly activity. Our school celebrated Peace Day this year and the kids ended up singing "Heal the world" by Michael Jackson. I know the controversy in regards to this man's life, but I did not choose the song for this event. In any case, it was still a very good oppotunity for them to listen, memorize, and sing a song.

The video above was made by me to capture the energy of the day. I also made a presentation in Prezi about English songs.



Love,

Rebeca

P.S.
As always, do not forget to comment and share your experiences!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario